Thank you for checking out your Gridiron Girls Program! As we wrap up this football season registration for 2023 is now closed. Please check back early next fall to register your student-athlete
The Gridiron Girls Program will be launching in 2023 under the direction of the NY Knockout Women’s Tackle Football Team, members of the Women’s Football Alliance (WFA). The program is intended to pair members of the NY Knockout with area girls of all ages playing tackle football in an effort to support and mentor their efforts.
Mission Statement: To empower girls of all ages and all different abilities through tackle football by providing them with support and the opportunity to learn and grow in a safe and supportive environment.
Vision Statement: Our vision is to encourage, normalize, and support girls playing tackle football in our community.
• Increase the number of girls who play tackle football.
• Empower girls to be leaders.
• Promote the health and well-being of girls.
• Partner with other organizations to support girls who play football.
• Increase the diversity of girls who play football.
• Create a safe and supportive environment for girls to play football.
• Raise awareness about the importance of girls playing football.
Program Admittance: The Gridiron Girls program is for youth girls in the Capital Region and beyond who are currently playing the sport of tackle football in an organized manner (ISD/School, Pop Warner, etc) on predominantly boys teams.
Program Cost: Free
• Guidance for enrolled youth girls on playing the sport of football as a female.
• Special invitations to NY Knockout events for enrolled youth for upcoming 2024 season, including tryouts and 2024 home
Program Term: 1 football season, usually August through late November depending on playoffs & program